Senior Restaurant Supervisor
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and motivated Restaurant Senior Supervisor to join our team at Pen & Cob Brasserie. Pen & Cob is a busy 150 seater British Brasserie with a further 150 seats on an outside terrace and is part of the Bedford Swan Hotel which also has a tea room and busy conference and events department. We are developing our brasserie team to build our reputation in Bedford and surrounding areas when restrictions ease.
At Pen & Cob we are passionate about great food, drink and customer service. We are looking for someone that is as excited as us to create an exceptional dining experience who can join us to strengthen our supervisory team
The restaurant senior supervisor role requires a passionate, positive and motivated individual with previous experience in a high volume, high street restaurant. the successful candidate will be capable of enthusing a team around them and able to organise and control the Brasserie in a professional and confident manner. As senior supervisor you should be able to help in all areas when needed so previous bar experience is also a must.
The job role will entail:
- Being the strongest order taker in the team who is passionate about the products available and can upsell with ease, as well as being able to train others in the team to the same level
- Opening and closing the restaurant including responsibilities for cash and stock on site
- Conducting staff briefings at the beginning of shifts
- Supervising other strong team members and being able to oversee a large, busy restaurant, knowing what is happening in all departments at any one time Assisting in any area of the restaurant if needed – previous bar as well as restaurant experience required
- Taking bookings over the phone and via email
- Hosting the restaurant and seating bookings and walk ins according to a table plan, ensuring all guests are aware of (and adhering to) current Covid restrictions
- General control of Food and Beverage areas – to be kept organised, safe, clean and tidy
- Ensuring Health & Safety and company policies are being adhered to
- Overseeing other members of the team to ensure they are prepped and ready for service
- Ensuring restaurant standards of procedure and opening and closing checklists are in place and being completed
This role is a full time contract and would require someone who is flexible with hours and can work weekends. It is a great opportunity for the right candidate with a competitive salary, tronc payments, access to our great employee benefits scheme, internal and external training opportunities (including an apprenticeship scheme) and opportunities for development within the brasserie, hotel and hotel group.
How to apply for this job vacancy
Please send your CV and covering letter to Jackie Wedlake, Group HR Manager, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org