We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Sous Chef to join our team at the Cromwell Hotel, Old Stevenage.
This is a really exciting time to be part of the team. The brasserie, with its stunning interior design and innovative new all day dining menu, is hugely popular alongside the already expanding banqueting business.
As Sous Chef you will work closely with the senior team to execute the already busy function side of the business and manage the increasingly popular brasserie. Successful candidates will be able operate in all sections of the kitchen (including both bistro and banqueting) and manage the kitchen in the head chefs absence. You will also be responsible for assisting the senior team to maintain high standards of food safety and hygiene and coach and train other members of the team to a high level.
- Ability to demonstrate cooking skills to the highest level
- Fast pace restaurant experience as well as banqueting
- A confident, self-motivated, driven and professional person
- Excellent understanding of food hygiene and health and safety
- Excellent people skills and financial understanding
- Passionate about delivering consistently good quality food
- At least level 2 food hygiene (up to date)
- Competitive salary
- Friendly and professional working environment
- Excellent chance to progress your career and be part of a great change
This role is a full time contract which requires someone who is flexible with hours and can work weekends. All Chefs earn tronc payments, are able to benefit from our great employee benefits scheme and have access to both internal and external training (including apprenticeship schemes).
How to apply for this job vacancy
Please send your CV and covering letter to Jackie Wedlake, Group HR Manager, by email to email@example.com