Tea Room Supervisor
We currently have a very exciting opportunity for a positive, enthusiastic individual to join our team as Supervisor in our very new and modern Tea Room, Anna’s at The Bedford Swan Hotel. We have recently had a wonderful refurbishment that has created a warm and welcoming Lounge area to enjoy Afternoon Tea where it all began!
The role requires a friendly, focused, and organised individual who is able to supervise a team of other likeminded people who will create an enjoyable and relaxing environment for our guests to indulge in our Afternoon Tea treats!
Afternoon Tea is ever-growing in popularity. It was introduced in England by Anna, the seventh Duchess of Bedford who was our name inspiration. As it is a fairly new addition to our hotel we are looking for someone who will grow with us and will bring a passionate flair to the team.
This job role entails:
- Opening and closing Anna’s Tea room
- Till reconciliation at the end of the day
- Managing stock control – checking stock and informing Food and Beverage Manager of any ordering needs
- Organisation of Tea Room areas
- Awareness of Res Diary Booking System for organising/arranging table plans for the day
- Ensuring good communication is actioned across all teams ie. Kitchen and restaurant team
- Taking Orders and serving Food and Drink to customers – explaining the offering
- Preparing hot and cold drinks
- Good knowledge of our Tea offering
- Ensuring consistent standards of service
The role requires an interest in food and in specialty teas so they can confidently speak about our offering. Full training will be provided, however experience within a Food and Beverage Supervisory role is required. We are expecting Anna’s and our Lounge area trade to increase so showing composure in a pressurised environment is essential.
How to apply for this job vacancy
Please send your CV and covering letter to Jackie Wedlake, Group HR Manager, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org