Terrace Restaurant and Bar Supervisor
We are currently recruiting for an exciting position of Terrace Restaurant and Bar Supervisor to head our team at the Bedford Swan Hotel for the busy summer months. Set on the banks of the River Ouse with approximately 150 seats, our terrace is a hot spot for locals to come and relax in the sun overlooking the Embankment and we are building a team that can comfortably create a welcoming and enjoyable atmosphere.
Often incredibly busy, the terrace requires someone who is confident in building rapport with people and can oversee a fast-paced operation to manage the terrace team and give them confidence to offer our guests a brilliant experience. It is a necessity that you can focus and stay calm in a pressurised environment but still be passionate about great food, drink and customer service. An organised and fair approach to supervising and training a team is needed along with attention to detail to keep standards consistent and adapt to potentially changing Covid Safe regulations
The Terrace Restaurant and Bar Supervisor position will need to be filled by someone who is flexible with working hours (available to work most weekends), enjoys working in warmer weather conditions (fully based outside during the summer months) and loves a customer facing position.
This is a 6 month position, May-October but for the right candidate there may be other roles in the hotel available at the end of this period.
The Terrace Restaurant and Bar Supervisor role will include:
- Opening and closing terrace, including management of stock and cash
- Hosting the terrace entrance – creating a warm welcome for guests, managing seating and ensuring guests are aware of (and adhere to) current Covid guidelines
- Supervising terrace team, ensuring they are well trained, confident in their roles and delivering consistently good service to all guests
- Controlling sections for staff to create smooth service
- Controlling stock of areas to create smooth service
- General organisation of terrace – including cleanliness and health and safety
- Till reconciliation at the end of the day
- Controlling staff breaks and ensuring the floor is fully staffed
- Good communication with kitchen team
- Maintaining levels of standards for service, uniform etc.
- Controlling payments throughout service
As well as a competitive rate of pay the successful candidate will enjoy tronc payments, access to our brilliant employee benefits scheme and to internal and external training opportunities (including apprenticeship scheme)
How to apply for this job vacancy
Please send your CV and covering letter to Jackie Wedlake, Group HR Manager, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org