Distinct Group Member Reward Program
Terms and Conditions
Effective Date: June 28, 2022. The following supersedes all prior Terms & Conditions. By participating or continuing to participate after the effective date, you agree to the following:
The following information forms the basis of participation in the Distinct Group Member Reward Program ("Distinct Group Member Reward Program" or "Program"). These Terms and Conditions ("Terms and Conditions") are intended to protect the members of Distinct Group Member Reward Program ("Members"), and Distinct Group Ltd ("Distinct Group", "We" or “Us”). Your participation in this Program will be governed by these Terms and Conditions, and it is your responsibility to read and understand all of them.
If you require clarification or further information, you may contact the Central Reservations Office on 01438 779954 option 1 or 01234 346565 option 1 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please note however, Distinct Group Member Reward Program Terms and Conditions cannot be superseded or changed.
- The Program membership and its benefits are offered at the sole discretion of Distinct Group, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, partners, employees, and agents.
- The Program Terms and Conditions are governed by and are to be construed under the laws of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. The Program Terms and Conditions set forth here in supersede all prior Program Terms and Conditions.
- Membership in and application for membership in the Program is void if prohibited by law in the country of the Member's or applicant's domicile.
- The Program has no predetermined termination date and may continue until such time as We decide to terminate the Program, at any time, with or without notice.
- We reserve the right to add, modify, delete or otherwise change any of the rules, procedures, conditions, benefits, or Rewards pertaining to the Program at its sole discretion, with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of Points or Reward Redemptions or Confirmations already accumulated. This means that We may make changes that affect, but are not limited to, hotels within the Distinct Group Portfolio, rules for earning Points, redeeming Points, rules and procedures for the use of Rewards, continued availability of Rewards, Reward types, and the features of special offers.
- Only individuals of majority age in The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland may enrol in Distinct Group Member Reward Program and become Members (defined as individuals who have been accepted as Members by Us).
- Program membership entitles Members the right to earn Points, which can be redeemed for Rewards in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Program. Member benefits and Rewards are offered in good faith, however may not be available if prohibited by law or regulation in The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- Members must not maintain membership in or earn Points on multiple accounts.
- We reserve the right to suspend or discontinue Distinct Group Member Reward Program membership, including any Elite, for any Member who appears to be using the Program in a manner inconsistent with the Terms and Conditions or intent of the Program or any portion of the Program, including, but not limited to, Reward redemption. We also reserve the right to discontinue membership for any Member who We believe, or if there are reasonable grounds for suspecting, in its sole discretion, has:
- acted in a manner inconsistent with applicable local or national laws, regulations or ordinances,
- breached or violated any of these Program Terms and Conditions,
- engaged in any fraudulent or dishonest behaviour, theft, misconduct or wrongdoing in connection with the account, including without limitation, involving Reward redemption or Certificate use, or other Member benefits,
- engaged in any abusive, fraudulent, disruptive, inappropriate, offensive or hostile conduct, whether it be physical, verbal or written in nature, towards any hotel within the Distinct Group Portfolio or their guests or employees, or towards Distinct Group or any of its employees or contractors, or
- failed to pay any bills or accounts due to any hotel within the Distinct Group Portfolio.
Such discontinued membership may result in the loss of all accumulated Points and the cancellation of all benefits and privileges, including the loss of any associated Elite Tier status. In addition to discontinuance of Distinct Group loyalty membership, We shall have the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, including, without limitation, criminal prosecution, as it deems necessary in its sole discretion.
- The sale or barter of any Points or other benefits other than by Distinct Group Ltd directorship is prohibited. Any Points or benefits which We deem in its sole discretion to have been transferred, sold or assigned in violation of Program Terms and Conditions may be confiscated or cancelled.
- All interpretations of Program Terms and Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of Distinct Group Ltd.
- The term "hotel within the Distinct Group Portfolio" as used in these Terms and Conditions is defined any hotel that participates in the Distinct Group Member Reward Program.
- Members who do not have eligible activity in any 12 consecutive month period may be removed from the Program and are subject to forfeiture of all accumulated Points. At the discretion of Distinct Group, such Members may be permitted to remain in the Program and removed after five years of inactivity. To keep accumulated Points, the Member must stay at a hotel within the Distinct Group Portfolio within a 12 consecutive month period:
- Failure to take action described above will result in the forfeiture of all accumulated Points and, after five years of inactivity, to deactivation of the Member's account. Once the Points have been forfeited, the Member may not retrieve any forfeited Points but Member may begin to earn Points again thereafter. Any Reward redeemed by the Member before the Points are forfeited (such as a hotel reservation made) are still valid.
- Each Member is responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to the Program Terms and Conditions and as to the number of Points in their account. We may attempt, but is not required, to send correspondence to active Members to advise them of matters of interest, including notification of Point forfeiture or Program changes. Neither Distinct Group nor third party companies participating as marketing partners in the Program ("Marketing Partners") will be liable for any failure to do so and will not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Member contact information, for problems related to any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised by the Member, for any human error, for any interruption, deletion, omission, defect, or line failure of any telephone network or electronic transmission, for problems relating to computer equipment, software, inability to access any Web site or on-line service, for any other technical or non-technical error or malfunction, for lost, late, stolen, illegible, incomplete, garbled, misdirected, mutilated or postage due mail or other mail or e-mail for whatever reason.
- Each Member is responsible for creating private account access information and for maintaining the security of that information. If the security of that information is breached by Member or a third party, We shall not be liable for any access to that account not authorized by Member, accumulation of Points, redemption of Rewards, or other account activity that occurs as a result, and in no event shall We be responsible for reimbursing Member for any Points redeemed or other damages or losses claimed to occur as a result of that unauthorized access. If Member becomes aware of any fraudulent activity, including unauthorised redemption of Member's Points or Rewards, Member must report the fraudulent activity to Distinct Group in writing, within 90 days of it occurring, and provide all further requested information and cooperation to Distinct Group to be eligible for reinstatement of lost Points, which reinstatement may be awarded in Distinct Group sole discretion.
- Each Member is responsible for advising Distinct Group of any changes to their contact information.
- Accrued Points do not constitute property of the Members. Except as specifically provided herein, accrued Points are transferable for any reason or by operation of law.
- Specific Program benefits and services have been established for all Members; however, benefits and services offered by hotels within the Distinct Group Portfolio may vary. If We improperly deny a Member an accrual or benefit, the liability of Distinct Group will be limited to the equivalent value of that accrual or benefit as determined solely by Distinct Group.
- Nothing in the Program Terms and Conditions is intended or shall be construed to create or establish any agency, partnership or joint venture relationship between Distinct Group and the Marketing Partners.
- In case of the death of a Member, Points in the Member’s account may be transferred to another active Member upon Distinct Groups receipt and approval of certain requested documentation and information. To be eligible, transfer must be requested and all required documents and information provided within one year from the date of the Member’s death. Any transfer remains within the sole discretion of Distinct Group Any decision made by Distinct Group in response to a request for transfer is final and not subject to further review or dispute.
Program Amenities for all Members
Accrual of Points
- Program Points can be earned for hotel stays, on Food and Beverage items and Thermal Spa Experiences only at hotels within the Distinct Group Portfolio. Participating hotels within the Distinct Group Portfolio are subject to change at any time, without notice. Consult individual hotel listing on www.distinctgroup.co.uk to determine participation. If a hotel ceases to be a hotel within the Distinct Group Portfolio, all stays subsequent to such date will not be eligible to earn Program Points regardless of when the reservation was made.
- To earn Program Points, a Member must be a registered, paying and staying guest at a participating hotel within the Distinct Group Portfolio and meet all of the conditions described herein.
- A "stay" is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again. Specifically excluded from the definition of "stay" are the following types of ineligible stays:
- wholesale/tour operator packages;
- contracted crew rates;
- travel agency discount rates;
- unauthorized Members staying on Team Member or Family & Friends Travel Rates;
- complimentary or barter rooms;
- NET Group rates;
- Series Group or IT Group rates;
- contracted Entertainment or Encore rates;
- third party websites bookings (irrespective of rate paid); and
- "opaque" channel bookings where the brand may or may not be known at the time of purchase.
Program Points may not be earned for or during ineligible stays, including without limitation, folio charges incurred during ineligible stays. Participating hotel will determine whether incidental charges incurred during either of those stays are eligible for Points.
- No Points will be awarded for "no show" or “late cancellation” situations when a Member has made a reservation guaranteed with a credit card but then does not check in to the hotel--irrespective of whether or not the Member's credit card is charged for any portion of the reserved stay per the hotel's "no show" or “cancellation” policy.
- A Member may earn Program Points for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio. Program Points will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on both rooms. The term "eligible folio charges" is defined below. Bonus Points earned through promotions, will apply to the total Program Point credit earned for both rooms.
- Members will earn Program Points for every eligible British Pound charged to an individual Member's hotel bill ("eligible folio") for stays at participating hotels within the Distinct Group Portfolio.
- The term "eligible folio charges" shall mean: room rate, thermal spa experience, food and beverage, telephone, laundry, pay-per-view movies, entertainment and recreational facilities, Thermal Spa Experiences and other incidental charges charged to the Member's room during the Member's stay. Dining room or other charges not billed to a Member's room during a stay are not eligible for credit. Such hotels within the Distinct Group Portfolio may omit for purposes of Point accrual, incidental charges by non-affiliated hotel entities which are not owned and/or operated by the hotel including, but not limited to, spa, food and beverage outlets, gift shop, drugstore, clothes, gallery or specialty stores, recreational or entertainment concessions.
- Any applicable taxes, including, without limitation, value added tax, are not considered "eligible folio charges" and will be omitted for purposes of Point accrual for hotel stays.
- Members may not accrue more than 100,000 Points during one “eligible stay”, regardless of the amount of eligible folio charges.
- A Member whose individual hotel bill is billed directly to a company and the Member is responsible for authorisation for settlement at check-out is eligible for Program Points as described herein. However, group master-billing arrangements where charges for multiple rooms are placed on one hotel bill and billed to a company or common address or settled at check-out by one individual are not eligible for Program Points. Incidental charges (those charged to a Member's room) paid for directly by the Member at check-out are eligible for Point credit. Incidental charges billed to a master bill are not eligible for Point credit.
- Activity statements are available via the Members portal.
- Members may earn Points for incidental charges at a hotel within the Distinct Group Portfolio during a full Points Reward Stay, provided such charges are deemed eligible folio.
- Any Points offered in conjunction with specific hotel stays will be considered earned when the stay has been completed, fully paid and added to the Member's account. Points will not be available for redemption before the stay has been completed and paid and the Points have been added to the Member's account.
- Program Points will be earned at the rate of 5 points per Great British Pound
- If a Member believes they did not receive the correct Point credit for hotel stays, they must submit a written request for such credit(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with a legible copy of the Member's hotel folio. Failure to supply the adequate and unaltered documentation may result in denial of such Point credit. For the Member's protection, all hotel travel documentation should be retained by the Member until the Point credit has appeared on their statement. Requests must be received within six months from the date of activity.
- Current employees of Distinct Group Ltd., its parent, affiliates and subsidiaries and the employees or owners of hotels within the Distinct Group Portfolio (collectively, "Employees") are eligible to participate in the Program.
- Welcome Gifts will be issued upon activation of the members Distinct Group Member Reward Program account. Distinct Group Program Members will receive the following Welcome Gift.
- All Members; 1000 Program Points.
Distinct Group reserves the right to modify or withdraw without notice the “Gift”. The Welcome Gift is only issued once. Multiple accounts are forbidden. Welcome Gifts cannot be redeemed for cash, prizes or credit. Welcome Gifts are not transferrable to other Program Members.
Hotel Reward Redemption
To qualify for a Hotel Reward (a "Reward"), the Member must have sufficient Program Points in their account to redeem the Reward, with the following exception: at the time of redemption.
- The pricing of reward nights flexes on factors such as the hotel, the level of daily demand, and the room rate. Prices are updated continuously and may change in real time.
- Rewards may not be sold, auctioned, bartered, brokered, purchased or otherwise transferred except with the express written consent of Distinct Group. Any Reward obtained in that manner without the required consent will be considered to have been fraudulently obtained and deemed void. Altered Rewards are void. Voided Rewards will not be honoured.
- All Rewards are subject to certain restrictions. See the Terms and Conditions below which apply to each specific Reward.
- Rewards may not be combined with other certificates, discounts, packages or promotional offers unless otherwise specified in writing by Distinct Group.
- Rewards cannot be redeemed for cash, prizes or credit.
- Promotional Rewards involving no Point deduction will not be extended beyond the validity date, exchanged or re-deposited into Member's account for Program Points or future use.
Invitation to Member Exclusive Events
Terms and Conditions to Member Exclusive Events will be outlined in the Marketing Email relating to that specific event.
Complimentary Car Parking
Our on-site car parks are available complimentary to guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Some hotels may require vehicle registration on arrival for the correct duration of the stay. Failure to comply may result in a Parking Charge being issued by the Car Park Management company. Such fees will not be reimbursed or waivered. Regretfully, we are unable to reserve spaces in advance.
Complimentary in-room and public Wi-Fi
Standard Internet access during stays and visits to our onsite Restaurants at all Distinct Group Portfolio hotels. Complimentary use is subject to the agreement of the “End User Licence Agreement” issued by the Wi-fi provider at each participating hotel within the Distinct Group Portfolio
Qualification for all on-property Program benefits, requires a confirmed reservation made through one of the following channels:
- Any official direct hotel website, or,
- Distinct Group Reservations line, or
- Directly at a hotel in the Distinct Group Portfolio, or
- Through an IATA accredited retail travel agent professional ("Travel Agent") booking through a Distinct Group channel or the following Global Distribution Systems: Amadeus, Apollo/Galileo, Worldspan, Pegs ADS, Travelweb and SABRE.
- On-property benefits are not awarded to any Program Member in the following circumstances:
- Reservations booked through a non-approved-direct booking channel or a non-designated GDS, third party website or any other channel,
- Rates available on "opaque" websites where the hotel brand and specific hotel are not known until the booking is made, or
- Third party hotel packages or travel packages not booked through one of the eligible channels.
- Booking ineligible stays, (as defined in the Accrual of Points section) unless hotel contract has specific benefits included.
Your Agreement to Our Use of Information about You
Additional personal information that we collect includes information that you provide when you enrol in the Distinct Group Member Reward Program or when you manage your profile online. During enrolment, we require that you provide your name, physical address and e-mail address. When you manage your profile online, you have the opportunity to provide additional information about your preferences including and not limited to, your room type preferences, your language preferences, your credit card account(s), your preferences for receiving news, offers and information from companies that are part of the Distinct Group Portfolio, and to create a User ID and password.
By enrolling, you also consent to the transfer of your information to countries where our information processing facilities, business operations and hotels are located, including the United States and other countries where data protection laws may differ from those of your home country.
Conditions of Participation
Distinct Group provides the Distinct Group Member Reward Program, these and other materials, and other services and products "As-is" and, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, expressly disclaims any warranties of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, design, accuracy, capability, sufficiency, suitability, capacity, completeness or availability. You also agree that Distinct Group does not represent, warrant or guaranty that the Distinct Group member reward program or any such other products and services will be uninterrupted, without omissions or error free, or that defects will be corrected or changes implemented. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Distinct Group be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of the Distinct Group member reward program or any such other products and services, even if a Distinct Group authorised representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; therefore, such exclusions may not apply to you. In the event Distinct Group is held liable for any damages related to such matters, your sole and exclusive remedy will be limited to reimbursement for services or products paid by you to the entity held liable which were not provided by such entity. You hereby waive any and all rights to bring any claim or action related to such matters in any forum beyond two (2) years after the first occurrence of the kind of act, event, condition or omission upon which the claim or action is based. If any provision(s) of these official rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. The failure by Distinct Group to exercise rights granted to the Distinct Group member reward program hereunder upon the occurrence of any of the contingencies set forth in this agreement will not constitute a waiver of such rights upon the recurrence of such contingency.